Mya’s new mystery involves Malcolm, the new school pet. He was friendly, smart and a very happy hamster. Then he ran away. Where did he go, and why?
Mya starts searching for their pet. When she asks for help, a friend shares a shocking secret: Malcolm didn’t run away. He was stolen!
To solve the case, Mya must track down their pet and bring him back. Will she find poor Malcolm? Or will he be lost forever?
Note to parents, carers, teachers and other adults
This book is an expanded and revised edition of the previously published book The Missing Hamster Who Didn’t Escape. The book has been changed from a short story into a novel.
This book is great if you’d like:
- a middle grade book series with a diverse group of characters
- fun middle grade books for girls and boys
- light-hearted stories about serious topics
- pet hamster books for kids
- stories about grieving for lost pets