Mya is investigating Libby, the new girl at school. Libby won’t speak, smile or play with anyone. The Children’s Police Force thinks she is mean, but they need proof.
Finding proof is Mya’s job. It won’t be easy. Libby isn’t just mean, she is sneaky, too. When Mya talks to her, Libby fake cries in class. Now Libby has a teacher on her side. Who will she trick next?
To solve the case, Mya must prove that Libby is mean and warn everyone. Can she stop Libby before it’s too late? Or will this mean girl take over the school?
Note to parents, carers, teachers and other adults
This book is an expanded and revised edition of the previously published book The Mean Girl Who Never Speaks. The book has been changed from a short story into a novel.
This book is great if you’d like:
- a middle grade book series with a diverse group of characters
- fun middle grade books for girls and boys
- light-hearted stories about serious topics
- easy-to-read mental illness books for children
- social anxiety and/or selective mutism books for kids