Detective Mya Dove’s first big investigation is into Libby Smith, the new girl at school. Libby won’t speak, smile or play with anyone. That’s why the Children’s Police Force thinks she’s mean. But they can’t tell anyone that. Not without real proof.
Finding proof is Mya’s job, but it won’t be easy. Libby isn’t just mean. She’s sneaky, too. When Mya questions her, Libby fake cries for sympathy. It works, so now she has a teacher on her side. Who will Libby trick next? Mya won’t wait to find out. She must prove Libby is mean and warn everyone. Can she stop Libby before it’s too late? Or will this mean girl take over the school?
Note to parents, carers, teachers and other adults
This book is an expanded and revised edition of the previously published book The Mean Girl Who Never Speaks. The book has been changed from a short story into a novel.
This book is great if you’d like:
- a middle grade book series with a diverse group of characters
- fun middle grade books for girls and boys
- light-hearted stories about serious topics
- easy-to-read mental illness books for children
- social anxiety and/or selective mutism books for kids